GrowLab announces its 2012 winter cohort companies
Vancouver's GrowLab has announced the five new startup companies that have been chosen to participate in its winter 2012 program, the startup accelerator stated yesterday.
A diverse range of innovative startups have been selected for the four-month program.
GrowLab's founders and its executive director, Mike Edwards, will work with the teams and lead them through an intensive acceleration period. Each company will get up to $25,000 in seed funding, as well as mentorship and office space.
They will then have the opportunity to secure funding of $150,000 from BDC Venture Capital.
"Startups, both locally and internationally, now see that GrowLab is a game-changer," said Edwards. "Our founders are committed to adding value and are invested in the success of these companies."
The winter 2012 cohort member companies are:
- ePACT – an emergency network that uses online networking to connect organizations and individuals in times of crisis;
- Good Momming! – an interactive menu planner that gives personalized baby feeding and growth recommendations to new parents, accessible via mobile devices;
- KarmaHire – a cloud recruitment suite that allows companies to source, screen and hire talent;
- Procurify – a "spend management solution" that streamlines procurement processes; and
- SpaceList – a website that brings Canada's commercial real estate listings together in one place.
The program will conclude with a Demo Day event, which will allow the companies to showcase their technologies and pitch them to a group of angel and venture investors.