BIV unveils 2013 Influential Women in Business honourees
Business in Vancouver has selected the winners of its Influential Women in Business (IWIB) awards for 2013, marking the newspaper's 14th year honouring B.C. businesswomen.
The awards celebrate women who are professionally successful and influential in the community and their industry. They are leaders of corporate entities and not-for-profit organizations.
This year's recipients are:
- Sage Baker, founder and CEO, Q5 Innovations, Inc.;
- Judy Brooks, board member, adviser and speaker;
- Blaize Reich, RBC professor of technology and innovation, Beedie School of Business, Simon Fraser University;
- Shannon Rogers, president and general counsel, Global Relay; and
- Jill Schnarr, vice-president, community affairs, Telus.
The recipients were chosen by a panel of four judges, including three previous IWIB winners:
- Lois Nahirney, executive vice-president, corporate resources, Teekay Shipping;
- Tina Osen, CEO, Hub International;
- Kari Yuers, CEO, Kryton International; and
- Paul Harris, president and publisher, Business in Vancouver.
This year's honourees will be recognized on March 6 at the Fairmont Waterfront. Profiles of each winner will be published in the February 19 edition of Business in Vancouver. For event details, click here.