One of Business in Vancouver’s newest Forty Under 40 winners has been named one of the best small businesses in B.C. in the Successful You Awards, hosted last night by Small Business BC.
Langley company Chris’s Sign and Lighting Service, owned by Forty Under 40 winner Chris Davies, was named best employer in one of six categories.
The other winners were:
- best company: ReStoring Data Inc., Vancouver;
- best concept: Western Industrial Solutions and TaskSafe, Kamloops;
- best green business: Gibsons Recycling Depot, Gibsons;
- best online marketer: ethicalDeal, Vancouver; and
- best community impact: Lunapads International, Vancouver.
The winners were selected over 170 other B.C. business entrants over the course of a rigorous five-month contest. In order to be named among the best in B.C., the winners had to gain votes from the public to be shortlisted to the top 10 in each category, then submit an extended application detailing why they deserved to win.
Once selected as a top five finalist in each category, contestants then went on to face a panel of judges, pitching their cases as to why they should be named B.C.’s best.