Fast-food firms dominate BeTheBoss’ annual list of the top 10 Canadian franchises, and North Vancouver-based A&W Food Services Canada is the top business based in B.C. in the annual BeTheBoss ranking of the country’s top franchises.
The listing is based on the number of franchise units or outlets across the country. The listing counts only franchise units in Canada and is irrespective of the number of units a franchise system may have internationally.
With 803 outlets across the country, A&W comes in fifth place nationwide.
The top 10, in order of ranking, are:
- Tim Hortons, with 3,500 outlets;
- Subway, with 3,032 outlets;
- McDonald’s Restaurants of Canada, with 1,400 outlets;
- Jan-Pro Canada, a cleaning franchise with 1,281 franchise units;
- A&W Food Services Canada, with 803 outlets;
- Re/Max real estate, with 785 franchise offices;
- Pizza Pizza, with 724 outlets;
- KFC, with 650 outlets;
- Dairy Queen Canada, which has 602 restaurants;
- and Country Style Foods, with 500 outlets across Canada.
The entire top 100 lists includes firms in 18 different industries, a true representation of how the franchise market in Canada looks today, according to BeTheBoss.