Six powerful and successful British Columbia leaders will be recognized with 2024 Influential Women in Business Awards on International Women’s Day, March 8.
Founded in 2000, this BIV awards program has recognized the pioneering work and contributions of female business leaders in British Columbia for a quarter of a century. The following six leaders join an exceptional and inspiring list of now 137 women who have won this award over the past 25 years.
In alphabetical order by last name, this year’s awardees are:
- Patti Glass, vice-president of corporate marketing and communications, Grosvenor
- Shelley Gray, CEO, SkilledTradesBC
- Linda Lupini, global vice-president of employee experience, Copperleaf Technologies
- Cathy Mackay, COO, EDI Environmental Dynamics
- Cathy Thorpe, president and CEO, Nurse Next Door Home Care Services
The 2024 recipient of BIV’s Lifetime Achievement Award is:
- Carol Lee, OBC, CM, chair of the Vancouver Chinatown Foundation
This year will mark the 25th anniversary of BIV’s Influential Women in Business Awards, which recognizes outstanding business achievement and community contributions by female business leaders in British Columbia.
“Our 2024 award recipients have broken barriers for women in business and have achieved significant success in their careers, all while making meaningful contributions to their industries and communities,” said BIV editor-in-chief Hayley Woodin Hastings. “They advance and inspire inclusion – the theme of this year’s International Women’s Day – and business in B.C. is better as a result of their efforts.”
This year’s event is supported by gold sponsors Fasken, Scotiabank Women Initiative and Seaspan; partners CPABC and TD; and media partner Global BC. Organizations interested in supporting this event may contact [email protected].